Migrating to the FutureDial Functional Test Planner Website
This guide is intended to help existing customers already using Functional Testing to migrate to using the new web-based Functional Test Planner. This guide will allow existing users to continue using exsting test plans without having to recreate in the new FT Planner.
Transitioning from Functional-Test Planner Utility
Before continuing, close the Lean One-Touch software on your PC and do not restart it until instructed to do so.
Once you are prepared to begin using the
Functional-Test Planner website, there are a couple of things to do. First, you
will want to upload all of your locally-saved profiles into the UI so that you
can modify them. The directory where your existing functional-test profiles are
located is C:\ProgramData\Futuredial\CMC\function_test
NOTE: you may need to enable viewing of Hidden Files,
as the folder “ProgramData” is hidden; if upon opening the C: drive you do not
see the “ProgramData” folder, follow these steps:
the C: drive opened, click the header titled “View”:
- To the right, there is an unchecked box with "Hidden items" listed. Click the checkbox to enable viewing Hidden files and folders:
- The hidden folder "ProgramData" should now be visible:
Uploading Existing Functional Test Profiles
Now that the “ProgramData” folder is visible, follow the
steps below to copy the functional-test profiles into the Functional-Test
- Navigate to c:\ProgramData\FutureDial\CMC\function_test
- Select all of the zipped folders (they should be named for your existing functional tests) and move them to a separate folder on your PC desktop
- Open the Functional Test Planner website (https://ftprofile.futuredial.com/) and log in with a Company Manager account. (If you need help with this, please contact FutureDial)
- Select the "Profile" tab
- Click "New"
- Select the "Import" button. Select and upload the first file in your folder of copied test plansfrom step 2.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all your Test Plans have been updated.
Test Plans can now be specific to Workstation Groups and Locations - Imported test plans created using the old Function Test Planner will default to your company default settings when uploaded. Make sure you are properly setting the Workstation Group and Location that should have access to the test cases
Once you have completed all of these steps, relaunch the Lean One Touch software, and confirm your web-based test plans are available, and continue to test and process devices as normal!
FutureDial Functional Test Web Planner User Guide
Functional-Test Planner Website Guide Introduction The FutureDial Functional-Test Planner utility is now available as a website UI, which can be accessed at https://ftprofile.futuredial.com. The functionality of the website is effectively the same as ...
Function Test App prompts for a Passcode on iOS devices
From time to time, some of our users report that the Function Test app is requesting a passcode when launching, instead of running the desired test profile. This happens when the app is launched without a test profile loaded. You can avoid this error ...
Functional Testing User Guide
A PDF Download of the full Functional Testing User Guide (3.7 MB) can be found by selecting "Attachments" for this article.
Futuredial IP Allow List Requirements
web site name IP status IP Address protocol gs.apple.com Dynamic xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80[http],443[https] albert.apple.com Dynamic xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80[http],443[https] cs.websl.blackberry.com Dynamic xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 443[https] gapi.checkmend.com Dynamic ...
SMART Test Maintenance Guide
Please see PDF attachment to this article do download the guide.